Catering for needs
At Fairhaven School we identify the strengths and areas of needs for each of the students. All students learn differently so we provide a range of learning opportunities.
Special abilities are catered for in a wide range of activities which happen in the classroom and out of the classroom. Class teachers aim to provide opportunities for children to be challenged and extended to develop a greater amount of independence and self-directed learning, to develop higher orders of thinking and discussion and to provide an environment where pupils are challenged to achieve their best.
We also work closely with outside agencies such as RTLB (Resource Teachers in Learning and Behaviour), GSE (Special Education through the Ministry of Education), Speech and Language Therapists and many others to ensure that we provide the best for our students.
We have a LSC (Learning Support Coordinator) / SENCO (Special Needs Coordinator) who works with teachers, supports staff, parents and outside agencies to ensure the needs of the children are catered for.
FAIRHAVEN SCHOOL: Where pupils are challenged to REACH THEIR POTENTIAL, SPORTING ABILITY IS NURTURED AND CULTURAL DIVERSITY IS EMBRACED
ICT / Digital Devices
All classes have access to a range of ICT/digital devices to enhance learning. School owned chrome books and iPads are used within the school. A range of other resources are also used when exploring the Digital / Technology Curriculum.
A greater emphasis is placed on the use of digital devices as children progress through the school.
There are two Y5 and Y6 classes that have a greater range of ICT than the other classes. The ICT Emphasis Classes aim to provide their children with the opportunity to use ICT as an integral part of their learning.
Arts and Languages
Te Reo Māori
Māori Immersion Yr 1-6 (Toitoi Manawa)
Learning and Leadership
Te Puke Cluster and Regional Events
What makes Fairhaven School a great place to learn and grow?
- Caring, supportive, experienced & dedicated Staff
- Modern classroom environments
- A wide variety of extracurricular activities and experiences to develop your child’s confidence and self-esteem
- The use of technologies to assist with learning. A range of devices, depending on the year level, including ipads and chromebooks
- Great facilities — Heated swimming pool, large hall, Whare Kotahitanga, large fields, library, 3x playgrounds, cricket nets and pitch, sand pits, shade areas etc.
- Awesome opportunities and support for children
- Fantastic parent participation and support